Just as Real Madrid announced that Carlo Ancelotti had become their new coach, Everton released a statement saying that the Italian had left the club.
Carlo Ancelotti’s move to Real Madrid has caused a problem for Everton. They will now have to find a new manager.
The Italian had joined the club in December 2019 and he still had three years left on his contract. The club have confirmed the news and Ancelotti has also thanked the club.
“I would like to thank the Board of Directors, the players, and the Evertonians for the tremendous support they have all given me during my time at the Club. I have complete respect for everyone associated with Everton and hope they can achieve the exciting opportunities they have in front of them,” he told the club’s website.
Everton can confirm that Carlo Ancelotti has left his position as manager to take up the role of Head Coach at Real Madrid.
— Everton (@Everton) June 1, 2021
Despite thoroughly enjoying his time on Merseyside, Ancelotti revealed that the opportunity to coach Real Madrid again was too good to turn down: “While I have enjoyed being at Everton I have been presented with an unexpected opportunity which I believe is the right move for me and my family at this time,” he concluded.
Everton finished off thanking Ancelotti for his service over the last year and a half and said they “will begin the process of appointing a new manager immediately.”